Tuesday, January 09, 2018

Kahlil Is Right.

I watch the bluish ocean waters
the same way I watched you all summer:
endless.

And when I closed my eyes
I saw you, endless. Still.

I struggled to rise above my reasons,
with the same intensity that people employ
when they aspire for a PhD.

Only, I have spontaneous hematoma.

In the beginning I failed to understand
why leaves grow on trees
and not on dogs, and definitely
not on hopeless romantics like me.

But now,I still don't understand.

However, I learned that love
is better lost if losing
is what will make love happy.

We look beyond where Pluto is,
and we notice that a new planet
now sits there.

If planets grow on nothingness,
then love must be forgiven.

And If that is all correct,
I guess Kahlil is right:
love makes us laugh with all our laughter
and cry with all our tears.

Finally we decide to be sane
and so, we succeed in forgetting.

While the moon floats out there eternally waiting for music to taste like coffee.