Tuesday, January 09, 2018

The Director's Chair

The sound that came out
was a marmalade of songs
Parted limbs, on the Director's chair.

Skin to skin. You spoke in melodies.
The breathing,
heavy as Deuterium,
close to delirium,
light as helium.

We meted out sentences
for each other, like judges
or convicts at the same time;
in the same line;
under the same light;
or, out of sight.
To the death row
we exchanged our sweats
like promises
we quarreled just for the show.

The meeting shall continue,
on the Director's chair.
We will sing muffle songs,
and play muted gongs.
Every Tuesday, while you call home.

Tell me again, that my skin
has the scent of sugar, and whiskey,
whisked while waiting
for wisdom to ferment.

And I will whisper words
that your Helm's Deep is impregnable to touch.
But my sword,
as I wield,
you yield
and then
a river runs through it.